About the Role
The Dump Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs
This non-exempt position is dispatched to transport construction materials to customer or job site locations. May also be assigned to move construction materials at different job sites. Conducts all work in accordance with policies, procedures, and programs.
• Makes daily pre/post trip inspections on assigned vehicle in order to maintain maximum vehicle safety conditions and to check for any damaged or work parts or for any signs of tampering.
• Drives dump truck to destination applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
• Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy.
• Communicates regularly with dispatcher to ensure that delivery schedule is being followed and that any problems with traffic or with site conditions are reported promptly. Also, gets information on the location of the job site and the locations of any light bridges or roads on the way to the site.
• Pulls levers or turns cranks to tilt body and dump load from truck.
• Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness and repair in accordance with the guidelines specified in the Truck Driver's Handbook.
• Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License is required.
• One year of CDL driving in a vehicle with a GVW of 33,000 pounds or greater is required.
• Previous dump truck experience is preferred.
• Must be physically able to operate, move about, and maintain a dump truck.
• Must pass DOT physical.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to change.
Confidentiality - Haul rates printed on scalehouse tickets.
Mental Application - Must show composure and constraint to drive safely.
Responsibilities - Error in judgment while driving could result in injury or death to employee or the public. Poor driving would result in a negative perception by the public towards the company.
Contacts: Internal and Public - Interacts with the public and others in the company while making deliveries.
Physical Demands - The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Requires extensive and heavy physical activity and dexterity. Must be able to drive for long periods of time in a noisy and bouncy truck.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics required are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Company Does Work That Matters
C and S Hauling Company works with the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractors in the South East. We support infrastructure and utility: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
C and S Hauling Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
About the Company
C&S Hauling Company is a minority, service disabled veteran owned small business that provides utility support services including aggregate material sales and hauling services of a wide range of construction materials.